In this short tutorial, you will learn how to fix microSD card not detected error on Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Even with huge storage of Galaxy Note 10, many users prefer to use microSD on their smartphone. The benefit of adding extra storage on your device is, it is easy to comprehend the data on the phone. Like, you can store all the important files and photos on the microSD card.
If your microSD card is not recognized by Samsung Galaxy Note 10, or the device is showing SD card has been removed, then try the following tricks.
- 1 Fix Galaxy Note 10 not detecting microSD card
- 1.1 Trick 1: Force Restart Phone
- 1.2 Trick 2: Insert the SD card in the alternate phone
- 1.3 Trick 3: Clean the SD card and SD card slot
- 1.4 Trick 4: Update the Phone
- 1.5 Trick 5: Backup and Format SD card
- 1.6 Trick 6: Put Phone in Safe Mode
- 1.7 Trick 7: Factory Data Reset Note 10
Fix Galaxy Note 10 not detecting microSD card
Trick 1: Force Restart Phone
In case of microSD card not detected by Samsung Galaxy Note 10, first of all, it is recommended to perform soft reset the device. With this step, it’ll be confirmed that the issue with your Note 10 is minor or not. Here’s how to perform a force restart on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
- Press and hold the Volume down key and Power key, simultaneously for 10 seconds, until the screen goes black.
Trick 2: Insert the SD card in the alternate phone
To validate that SD card is in working condition and only Samsung Note 10 is not detecting the microSD card, and then insert the SD card in the alternate phone. If your SD card is readable in another smartphone, then follow the next lead to fix SD card not detected error in Note 10.
Trick 3: Clean the SD card and SD card slot
If there is need to clean microSD card, then bring soft cloth and start rubbing gently on the gold contacts of your SD card. Let the SD card dry out in open air, and later insert the SD card into the Galaxy Note 10. But before inserting the SD card into the phone, open the SD card tray on your Note 10 and blow some air with your mouth. This will remove dirt from the microSD card tray.
Read Also: Best App Lock for Samsung Galaxy S10
Trick 4: Update the Phone
Ensure that your Note 10 is updated with the latest software version because an obsolete firmware could cause multiple errors like Samsung SD card not detecting on Samsung Galaxy Note10. You can verify that Note 10 is up to date by heading to following steps,
- Settings > About Phone > Software Update
Trick 5: Backup and Format SD card
If your microSD card is readable by PC, then you must format your SD card right away from PC. However, backup the SD card before formatting it. Once the process of formatting is successfully completed, insert back into the Note 10 and check if it is working or not.
Trick 6: Put Phone in Safe Mode
When you boot the phone into safe mode, all the third-party apps will be temporarily disabled. Now it would be easy for you to determine whether this problem is triggered by any third-party application. Here’s how to boot Samsung Galaxy Note 10 into Safe Mode,
- Bring the Power menu on the screen, to do so, press and hold the Power button.
- Long press the Power off until you see Safe Mode option and tap Safe Mode.
The device will automatically, reboot in the Safe Mode. A Safe Mode will appear on the bottom of the screen.
Trick 7: Factory Data Reset Note 10
Performing factory data reset on your device should be your last option, if all the above tricks didn’t resolve the microSD card not detecting error on Samsung Note 10. If you decide to do so, back up the phone and then restore the phone to default settings.
- Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
- Read the on-screen details and tap Reset > Delete All.
- Enter the Samsung Account Password and Confirm.