Mac and Windows have huge differences when it comes to features, operating system, compatibility and so on. That’s why connecting Android Phone to Mac is bit difficult compared to Windows PC. You might be thinking that connecting Samsung Galaxy Note 10 is as straight as connecting iPhone to Mac, but it isn’t. Since, Apple’s iOS and Android rivals of each other, you won’t be able to just plug and start transferring files between them. One of my friends dealt with the same problem, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 not recognized by Mac, recently.
I want you to make sure that you are using the correct way to transfer files between Mac and Galaxy Note 10. Once you go through this tutorial, that’ll fix Mac can’t recognize Samsung Galaxy Note 10, and if not, then basic troubleshooting tricks are waiting for you down there.
- 1 How to Transfer Files from Galaxy Note 10 to Mac
- 2 Fix Mac won’t recognize Samsung Galaxy Note 10
How to Transfer Files from Galaxy Note 10 to Mac
Method 1: Using Android File Transfer
To transfer files between Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Mac, you must have to install the Android File Transfer app on Mac. Learn how to use it,
- Download Android File Transfer on Mac.
- Open the AndroidFileTransfer.dmg file on Mac.
- Move the Android File Transfer app to the Applications on Mac.
- Connect the device to Mac using a USB cable.
- Launch the Android File Transfer on Mac, double click on it.
- You can browse and copy the files from Android to Mac and vice versa.
Once the application is installed on Mac, follow the steps on your Galaxy Note 10,
- Tap on Settings gear from the Notification Pane.
- Go to About Phone > Software information.
- To enable Developer Mode, tap 7times on the Built number.
- Get back to Settings app main menu.
- Scroll down and tap Developer options.
- Turn on USB debugging and connect Note 10 to Mac.
Method 2: Using AirDroid
AirDroid is another trustworthy application that could be of use to transfer files from Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to Mac. It is a web-based application that lets you navigate through your phone, manage files, transfer files, send text messages, and more just from Mac’s browser. AirDroid only requires a strong Wi-Fi connection on your Note 10 and you are ready to go. Here’s how to use AirDroid to transfer files from Galaxy Note 10 to Mac,
- Download the AirDroid app on your Mac.
- Create your AirDroid account, click on Sign Up option on the top menu.
Note: You can also use AirDroid without creating an account, with only one condition that your Galaxy Note 10 and Mac should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Scan QR code and navigate through the phone.
- Add your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 after creating AirDroid account.
You can add up to two devices, for each account (Free User), to add up to 10 devices, buy AirDroid Business.
- To access the Android phone’s data in Mac, download the AirDroid desktop client or go to airdroid.com to manage the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
Fix Mac won’t recognize Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Yet, Mac won’t recognize Samsung Galaxy Note 10? Carefully, follow the below troubleshoots.
Trick 1: Force Restart Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Mac
Despite following the above procedure to connect Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to Mac, if still, it is not working, then force rebooting the Galaxy Note 10 will be advantageous. Here’s how to restart the phone and to restart Mac, refer the guide as per Mac’s model.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key and Power key, select Restart.
Trick 2: Update Note 10 and Mac
Often Mac won’t recognize Samsung Galaxy Note 10 due to corrupted driver or USB driver not working. How do you fix corrupted driver on Mac and Note 10? Merely update the phone and it’ll be fixed.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for updates.
Trick 3: Change USB cable
Another worth trying to troubleshoot is to change the USB cable and check if Mac is recognizing the Note 10? No need to buy a new USB cable, borrow one from your colleague or friend and determine the issue. Eventually, if it starts working, then seriously you need one new USB cable for Galaxy Note 10. Before buying, please check the warranty of your device, because under warranty device could get free assistance from the company.
Trick 4: Contact Samsung Care
If none of the above solutions work for you, then contact Samsung Care, they will analyze the fault on your device. There is no way, you can fix this issue on your own if it is a hardware defect. Visit the Samsung website and ask them for assistance.