Its been a few months since the Galaxy S20Ultra, S20Plus, and S20 revealed and released in the market. The prestigious part of Galaxy S20Ultra is its 100x Camera, which is as expected as we’ve always desired after spending $$$$. Another significant thing about phones like Samsung S20 is the internet, without data connectivity, the 100x camera is absurd when you can’t upload the photos to social profiles. Besides, not everywhere it is feasible to get the Wi-Fi network unless you are in the office or at home.
The mobile data is as vital as Wi-Fi. In this article, we’ve addressed a few potential workarounds that are likely to bring back the mobile data to Samsung S20Ultra, S20. If you are the one with Mobile data not working on Samsung S20Ultra, S20Plus, or want to know how to use mobile data on Samsung S20, the article is all yours!
- 1 Samsung S20, S20Plus Mobile Data Not Working
- 1.1 How to use mobile data on Samsung S20?
- 1.2 Possible reasons why mobile data not working?
- 1.3 Make sure signal strength is good
- 1.4 Check your current active data plan
- 1.5 Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
- 1.6 Restart your phone
- 1.7 Enable data roaming
- 1.8 Update system software
- 1.9 Reset Access Point Names and VPNs
- 1.10 Reset Network Settings
- 1.11 Manually switch network mode
- 1.12 Clear System Cache
- 1.13 Contact your carrier
Samsung S20, S20Plus Mobile Data Not Working
How to use mobile data on Samsung S20?
It takes less than a minute to set up mobile data on Samsung s20ultra, s20 from the settings app, in case you don’t have Wi-Fi around and need to use the internet for some or other reason.
- Open Settings
- Tap Connections.
- Select Data
- Toggle On Mobile data.
- Alternatively, pull down the notification bar and tap on Up/Down arrow to enable and disable mobile data on Samsung.
Possible reasons why mobile data not working?
- You don’t have enough credits left to use mobile data.
- Due to poor network strength.
- Incorrect APN settings.
- A software glitch.
We’ve listed the probable causes behind the internet connectivity issues of Galaxy S20. To troubleshoot, you may have to try out a few handy tricks covered below. Continue to read.
Make sure signal strength is good
Case 1: Pull down the notification bar, at the bottom verify the error message, does it look like “No Service-Emergency Calls Only”? If that’s the case, restarting or enabling the Airplane mode is praised in such situations.
Case 2: If this is not the case of the error message, but the signal bars are less than three, it indicates poor network connection. Move out of the building, or at least another corner of the room, it’ll help. Doing so, if signal bars raise to full, then make yourself comfortable in that spot.
I assume that you are not expecting strong network connectivity from the basement.
Check your current active data plan
In most of the cases, we’ve found the people reported the data connectivity problems after their data packs expire. Apparently, when the data pack ends, you’ll have to renew from the respective carrier as always. To verify the current plan and validity, go to the Carrier’s App and check the data, or use the USSD code provided by the carrier or log in to the website of carriers to know the details of the data pack.
Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
I’ve resolved the network issues by enabling and disabling the Airplane Mode several times, and luckily it worked. From the notification bar, tap on the Airplane Mode button to turn On and wait for 1-2minutes and disable Airplane Mode.
Restart your phone
It’s time to go for a universal solution that is force restarting the phone. Till now, if you haven’t rebooted the phone, I insist you do it. Press and hold the volume down button and lock/unlock button for 7-10seconds, when Samsung displays release them.
A simple reboot might and might not fix the Galaxy S20Plus internet issues, therefore performing hard reboot is a must. It’ll refresh the system software, closes the background applications, and re-launch everything that requires running the phone smoothly.
Enable data roaming
I know it sounds weird to use data roaming being in home town, but trust me it can bring back the internet connectivity to normal. Furthermore, data roaming must be turned on while traveling to another state or country.
Go to Settings app > Connections > Mobile networks > Turn on Data roaming.
Update system software
There are few things to keep in mind before updating the phone,
- Connect the phone to the Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure there is enough space to download & install the update.
- More than 50% of battery is needed if the phone isn’t connected to charging.
Now you are ready to update the phone, open Settings > About phone > Software information.
Reset Access Point Names and VPNs
To use mobile data on Android phones, it is essential to set up the internet on your Samsung S20, and if it isn’t done correctly, the mobile data won’t. Learn how to set up the internet on Samsung. This would also help to fix when mobile data not working after changing the SIM.
- Open Settings
- Tap Connections.
- Select Mobile networks.
- Go to Access Point Names.
- Tap on the three-dot menu.
- Tap Reset to default.
- Confirm Reset.
- To add new APN, tap on Add.
- Enter the information of the following options, Name, APN, and APN type. Leave the rest of them.
- Tap on the three-dot menu and Save the settings.
- In the end, choose the newly added APN.
Eventually, the VPNs are made to access the site that we aren’t authorized to access in our region or to fake the location, so if you are accessing any website that isn’t loading, while VPN is connected then you probably need to remove the VPN or VPN app temporarily.
Reset Network Settings
Up next, reset network settings comes in the list to fix the data connection issues. Here’s the way to do it.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General management.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Reset network settings.
- Confirm, Reset settings, and enter the phone’s password.
Manually switch network mode
Samsung S20 flagship does have 5G models however, the current situation across the world is, we have 5G phones but don’t have sufficient 5G service providers in all the regions. Also, it depends on your data pack, if you have subscribed to 4G and selected the 5G connectivity in the settings app, there seems to be a problem for you. Change the network connectivity,
- Open Settings.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Mobile networks.
- Go to Network mode.
- Switch between different network modes.
Clear System Cache
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time, until the Android recovery logo displays.
- Wait until the recovery options appear.
- Navigate through the Wipe cache partition, by pressing the volume down button and to activate the process press the power button.
- It’ll take a few moments to complete the wipe cache partition.
- Reboot the phone by pressing the power button.
Contact your carrier
Still, mobile data not working on Samsung S20plus, its time to seek help from the carrier, and get the issue fixed. Contact your carrier by any means, you are comfortable with.
- 10 Best Clear Cases for Galaxy S20Plus
- Best Leather Cover Cases for Galaxy S20
- How to Enable Flash Notifications on Galaxy S20