Your phone is the ultimate powerhouse that can do anything, for you. In this line of the tutorial, we’ll be discussing how to change the language on the Samsung phone. Apart from English, the Samsung offers dozens of language packages such as Spanish, Chinese, German, French, Korean, etc. A single change of language from the Settings app will replace the current language to the new set, even on some supported third-party applications. Plus, there is no limitation on adding the languages, Samsung lets you add as much as languages do you want to add.
Whether you’ve falsely changed the language and want to return to English or switch to mother tongue, this tutorial is for you. Learn how to change the language on Samsung S20, S10, Note 10, and all other Galaxy phones and tablets.
How to Change Language of Samsung S20, S10, Note 10, Tab S6, Tab S5e
Step 1: Add New Language
At first, you need to add a new language to the settings, here’s how to add a new language to Samsung.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Scroll down to General management.
- Tap on Language and input.
- Hit Language.
- Tap Add language.
- Find the language that you would like to add.
- Choose your preference:
- Set as default: If you want to set the new language as default.
- Keep current: If you want to set a new language as a secondary language.
Step 2: How to Set New Language on Samsung
Once you’re done adding a new language, there is a separate process to set it as default. Just adding language won’t help.
- I presume you’re at: Settings app > General management > Language and input > Language.
- See, Edit on the upper-right corner? Tap on Edit.
- Immediately the screen will turn into editing mode, use the up-down arrow on the far right side of the language to re-order the list.
- Shift the language to the first position that you want to use and leave the rest of them as it is.
- Your device will consider the first language as default. Besides, if language at the first position is not supported, then a second language will be set as default.
- Once you’re done rearranging the languages, tap Apply to save changes.
Step 3: How to Remove Language from Samsung
You can remove language anytime from the Samsung phone, here’s how it can be done.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General management.
- Hit Language and input.
- Go to Language.
- Tap Edit on the top-right screen.
- Select the language that you don’t need anymore, to do so, tap on the circle before the language.
- A pop-up will ask you to remove, tap Remove.
- How to Change and Resize Keyboard of Samsung S20, S10, Note 10
- Best Keyboard Apps for Android
- How to Hide Apps on Samsung S20: 4 Ways
- Best Emoji Keyboard for Android Phones