If your Galaxy Watch Active not charging then do not waste the remaining battery power by using it. It’s better if you leave some power backup on the watch so that we could help you troubleshoot the problem with some possible solutions. Besides, opening the screws of the watch and start fixing is not a good habit, as it can void the warranty of the watch and you will have to pay to get repaired.
For those, who are getting a negative impression of the watch, don’t worry, it’s just normal bug or glitch which could be eliminated if you follow this tutorial entirely. I’ll make sure to get back your Galaxy Watch Active back to its working condition.
- 1 Galaxy Watch Active Not Charging
- 1.1 How Do I Charge my Samsung Active Watch?
- 1.2 How do you know if your Galaxy Watch is charging?
- 1.3 How does it take to charge Samsung active watch?
- 1.4 Can I charge my Galaxy Watch Active with my Samsung Phone?
- 1.5 Trick 1: Charge the Galaxy Watch Active
- 1.6 Trick 2: Reboot Galaxy Watch Active
- 1.7 Trick 3: Check the Wireless Charger
- 1.8 Trick 4: Use alternate Charger Source
- 1.9 Trick 5: Factory Reset Galaxy Watch
- 1.10 Trick 6: Buy New Charger Dock
Galaxy Watch Active Not Charging
We have answered few frequently asked questions concerned with your Galaxy Watch Active won’t charge.
How Do I Charge my Samsung Active Watch?
Before charging Galaxy Watch Active, I’d like to suggest you not to remove and turn on until it is fully charged. To Charge Galaxy Watch Active, put it correctly on the charging dock and connect the USB cable to the charging dock. For fast charging make sure to use the original Samsung Adapter or buy one trustworthy charging adapter/ Wireless Charger and accessories with Galaxy Watch Active.
How do you know if your Galaxy Watch is charging?
You can get to know the charging status of Galaxy Watch Active by LED indicators,
- Orange– It indicates the watch is connected to an unsupported/low power adapter.
- Red– Watch is connected to the charger and is charging.
- Green– Watch is fully charged.
- Red> Green> Orange– It shows Watch is in Standby mode.
How does it take to charge Samsung active watch?
When you charge your Galaxy Watch Active using the magnetic charger, it roughly takes two hours to fully charge the watch. Besides, the watch charges nearly 60% in the first hour.
Can I charge my Galaxy Watch Active with my Samsung Phone?
Yes, it is possible to charge your Galaxy Watch Active with advanced devices like Galaxy S10, that supports the reverse charging feature. Samsung calls it a PowerShare, learn how to use PowerShare to charge Qi-enabled wearables and phones.
Trick 1: Charge the Galaxy Watch Active
Place the watch on the charging dock for an hour or two. When the Galaxy Watch’s battery is completely drained, it might take some time to restart. Unlike there is any hardware related issue, you will be getting a positive response from this very first trick.
Trick 2: Reboot Galaxy Watch Active
All of sudden if Galaxy Watch Active stopped charging randomly or after the update, then probably it’s just a minor glitch with the system. A quick restart could fix multiple issues of your Samsung watch. Here’s how to reboot Galaxy Watch Active.
- Press and hold the Home button until System Options appear on the screen.
- Select Power Off. Wait until the Watch turns off.
- Now, hold the Power key and wait for the watch to turn on.
Trick 3: Check the Wireless Charger
Many times, the Wireless Charger is the real culprit and except for the problem, we try to fix other things. Just like wired chargers, if the wireless charger’s cable got damaged then, it will take a long time to charge Galaxy Watch. Before doing various experiments on Samsung watch, check the wireless charger is perfectly receiving and delivering power to the Watch.
Trick 4: Use alternate Charger Source
Did you try to charge the watch using any other power source like Power Bank or Laptop? Try connecting the charger with another power source or change the socket. Then check the Galaxy watch, is it charging or not. Besides, you can borrow a wireless charger from your friend and check if it is working or not.
Trick 5: Factory Reset Galaxy Watch
Coming last to Factory Reset the Galaxy Watch, after trying all the basic solutions, if you can’t fix the Galaxy Watch Active 2 not charging, then factory resetting the watch is your last hope.
- Open the Settings on your Galaxy Watch Active 2.
- Tap General.
- Select Reset.
- Confirm reset.
Trick 6: Buy New Charger Dock
If any of the above methods don’t work to fix Galaxy Watch Active Not charging, then you must buy a new Charger Dock for the watch. Check the best Wireless Chargers.
- Best USB C Charging Cables for Samsung Phones/Watch Active/Galaxy Buds
- How to Connect Gaming Controllers to Samsung Phones
- Best Galaxy Watch Active 2 Screen Protectors
- Best USB C to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter for Samsung Phones
- Best USB C Flash Drives to expand the storage of your Samsung Phones
- How to Block Incoming Calls and Text Messages on Samsung S10 lineup