The Samsung S20 is introduced with one of the most essential features ever: fast charging normally charges your device completely within one hour, varies on capacity and this is outstanding especially when you want to charge your device as fast as possible. While it’s feasible by a fast adapter, but the firmware also plays an important to charge the device faster. Mostly the user doesn’t have any issue with this useful feature. So if you are searching for troubleshooting tricks, continue to read this article as it may help to fix the issue.
Before proceeding to the troubleshooting technique, there are some things you need to do to make your Samsung S20 normally charge.
- Switch off the screen while charging.
- Ensure that the device is not heating up while charging.
- Update the firmware if feasible.
- Switch off the phone while charging.
Fix Samsung S20 Fast Charging Not Working
Trick 1: Enable Fast Charging
Firstly, ensure that the device has enabled fast charging features. Some users have reported that it is turned off after firmware update, while some of the simple they inadvertently disable the feature. So, follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to Settings Icon.
- Hit Device Maintenance.
- Search and hit Battery Icon.
- Select Three Dot located at the right top corner.
- Touch Advance Option in a drop-down list.
- Turn on Fast Cable Option.
After switching on the fast cable option verify the issue if still, it doesn’t works go forward to the next trick.
Trick 2: Use Original Charger
All the big companies like Samsung rely upon the original charger to fast charge your device. Because the normal charger is not capable to amplify the charger power, so it takes more time to charge the device from the usual time. Also ensure that the wall adapter has an output of a minimum of 2 Amps, to get the best output from the gadget. To verify that your charger has a capacity of fast charging, just read the text on the adapter. In the Samsung official adapter, Adaptive Fast Charging should be written on it.
If it doesn’t have this, you are probably using a normal charger, hence it will take more time to charge your device. On the other hand if it has such type of text then the issue is present, move further to the next trick.
Trick 3: Check the USB cable for any problem
Usually, USB cables are corrupted and they tend to create such type of issues. Still, it doesn’t mean that corrupted USB cable will not charge your device, but it will break down the capacity of the adapter and leads to Samsung Fast charger not working. Try to charge your device with a spare USB cable and verify the issue.
Trick 4: Clean the charging port
Usually, this trick is ignored by many users, this is a normal reason due to which your Samsung Fast Charger is not working. It is quite handy to perform, check the port for anything like dust dirt, lint, or debris that can disturb during the charging process. Mainly, a lot of junk accrue here and it can block the transfer of current. Clearing the port is easy to perform as long as you clean it perfectly. Follow the given below steps.
- With the help of flashlights look inside the charging port to search for dust particles that can disturb the charging process.
- If you find something, turn off the phone and hold the toothpick or tweezers.
- Attentively put it into the port, and try to make port dirt free.
- Now hold the tiny cotton cloth along with rubbing alcohol on it, put it in the port for a while.
- Move the cotton clothes in a circular motion to make it dirt free.
- Hang for a bit, until the Samsung Galaxy S20 dries up.
- Finally, verify the issue.
Trick 5: See if this caused by an app
As I told before this can be due to software bug. It is likely to say that the app you have downloaded is messing the device OS, thus stirring its fast charging capabilities. If you don’t know follow the given below steps.
- Hold the Power Button until the logo of Samsung Galaxy S20 appears.
- Then press the Volume Low Button.
- Continue to hold the Volume Low Button until the Safe Mode appears on the left bottom corner.
- Tap Safe Mode.
Now connect the charger and verify that fast charging is working perfectly or not. If it doesn’t work properly then the issue is with an app, so one by uninstalling the app. if the issues still persist, move further to the next procedure.
Trick 6: Perform a Factory Reset
If your Samsung Galaxy S20 fast charging doesn’t work after performing the steps, then there is no option rather than a Factory reset. This will make the device into the default state, by clearing all the app you have installed. Therefore you need to back-up all the important data stored in the device.
- Navigate to Settings Icon.
- Search and hit Back-up and Reset.
- Select Factory Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Hold for a couple of seconds, until the device restart.
- Best Fast Wireless Chargers for Galaxy S20, S20Plus
- Best 45W Wall Charger for Galaxy S20, S20Plus
- Fix Battery Draining Issues on Samsung S20, S20Plus
- Best Galaxy S20Plus Clear Cases