I don’t know about all, but the Galaxy S20’s 120Hz refresh rate forces me to play games, what’s more, interesting rather than playing games on S20 using the Xbox One Controller? It’s good to hear that Xbox One Controller is not limited to the PC, but can be used to play games on Android phones too. So here comes the Bluetooth; whether do you want to play music over home theatre or play games, Bluetooth connectivity is useful in every field.
Aside from Xbox One Controller, we’ve also made a detailed article on how to PS4 controller to Samsung, if you own one, then you must read the article. There are dozens of gaming controllers are available, but if you own Xbox One Controller, there is no need to waste money on buying a separate controller for Samsung phones.
- 1 How to Pair Xbox One Controller to Samsung S20Ultra, S20Plus, S20
- 1.1 How to check my Xbox controller can be paired with Samsung?
- 1.2 How to Connect Xbox Controller to Samsung S20
- 1.3 Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth
- 1.4 Step 2: Turn on Xbox One Controller
- 1.5 Step 3: Find the Sync Button on Controller
- 1.6 Step 4: Hold down the Sync button on Controller
- 1.7 Step 5: Open Bluetooth Menu on Samsung S20
- 1.8 Step 6: Pair the Controller with Phone
How to Pair Xbox One Controller to Samsung S20Ultra, S20Plus, S20
How to check my Xbox controller can be paired with Samsung?
It might be possible that the older Xbox controller may or may not have Bluetooth connectivity, you can make sure just like this. The Xbox with Bluetooth can be identified as, if the Xbox button is on the white surface, then it supports Bluetooth. Whereas the Xbox button is covered in the black portion, different from the whole controller then, it doesn’t have Bluetooth.
How to Connect Xbox Controller to Samsung S20
Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth
- First things first, to connect Xbox One to Samsung S20Plus, S20, the Bluetooth connection must be turned on. Swipe down the notification bar, touch, and hold the Bluetooth icon to open the Bluetooth menu.
- Alternatively, open Settings app > Connections > Bluetooth > Turn on Bluetooth.
Step 2: Turn on Xbox One Controller
- If you haven’t turned on Xbox One Controller yet, then press and hold the Xbox button to power up the controller.
Step 3: Find the Sync Button on Controller
- Now hold the Xbox controller in your hands like you are playing the game, on the top of the Xbox One, you’ll find Sync button. It looks like a round button, next to the three-curved holes, and say between the L1 and R1 buttons; close to the MicroUSB port.
- Hold down the Sync button on the Xbox controller until the light blinks. Leave the sync button when you see light flashing.
- With step 4, both Samsung S20 and Xbox One Controller are ready to pair.
Step 5: Open Bluetooth Menu on Samsung S20
- As I mentioned in step 1, to open the Bluetooth menu, do it.
Step 6: Pair the Controller with Phone
- Find the Xbox One Controller under the list of Available devices. When Xbox One Controller appears in the list, tap on it. It’ll show Pairing….., wait for a bit to complete pairing between the controller and phone.
That’s It! After successfully pairing, the Xbox One Controller will be displayed under the Paired devices.
As we know, the Xbox One is totally dedicated to PC gaming, somehow we have found a way to connect it to Android and play games; so not all the games will work on the Xbox controller. Besides, after using the Xbox controller with the Android phone, if you want to get back to the PC gaming then you’ll need to pair again with the Xbox One.
- How to Change and Resize Samsung S20 Keyboard
- How to Create Facebook Messenger Room on Android
- 10 Best Ring Holder Cases for Galaxy S20 Ultra
- How to Connect PS4 to Samsung Phone? Use Virtual PS4
- 20+ Best Samsung Tab S6 Accessories to Increase Productivity